The department was created in 1920 and was headed by A.V. Blagoveshinsky, in 1927-1932. – Rudolf Genrikhovich Engeland, 1932-1934 – Jabbar Sattar (1905-1937), 1934-1937 – Anna Nikolaevna Adova (1880-1950), 1937-1957 Alexander Semenovich Volynsky (1998-1979).
The Department of Biological Chemistry was headed by K.H. Khadzhiev (1967-1991). Since 1999, the Department of Biological Chemistry has been thoroughly restored and the department was headed by Professor AA Khozhimetov until 2012.
On July 22, 2014, the President of Uzbekistan Islam Karimov signed a decree “On the formation of the Tashkent State Dental Institute” No. PP-2215 Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated 14.10.2014 No. the base of the Tashkent Dental Institute, as well as the determination of the clinical bases of the faculties of dentistry of medical higher educational institutions. ” On the basis of the above orders and regulations, in 2014 at the Faculty of Pediatric Dentistry, the “Department of Medical and Biological Chemistry” was established. In 2014, 10 employees worked at the department.
The Department of Medical and Biological Chemistry has been operating since the establishment of the Tashkent State Dental Institute by the decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan PP – 2215 of July 22, 2014. The department trains students of the Tashkent State Dental Institute in medical and biological chemistry. Together with the gifted students of the institute, scientific work is carried out in the circles “Kimyogar-Shifokor” and “Young Biochemist”. The obtained research results are published in domestic and foreign publications.
The approved scientific theme of the department: “Improving the methods of early diagnosis of the protective systems of the oral cavity.” State registration number – 012433122